The woes of a first timer
[html]

they're outside of the hotel, c:

The dog's accent was thick and it made him slow to understand. Silvano was normally good with accents, but he had only been exposed to local European tones rather than continental North America. He kept the confusion off his face as best as he could and nodded slightly to give himself some time to understand properly. He did understand that Jimson praised his sons, and the man smiled genially. "Thank you, my mate and I are terribly proud, you see. Our first litter and everything. Here's hoping we do well." Silvano crossed two fingers, and lightly waved the hand with an unsure smile.

"Mister Haskel..? Oh! You mean Skoll," he said, suddenly realizing. "Oh, yes. He's quite a nice guy. Looking for his place in life, I think, but he's almost got it." At first he had thought it might have been Hati, but he had a different last name from his father and brother. Skoll and Charlotte had taken on their father's name and their brother the mother's name. Ayita. Silvano almost recoiled. She had just recently passed away and he was unsure how the siblings were all dealing with the loss of their mother. The loss of the matriarch was definitely not something good, and the King was suffering for it.

The Constable's smile vanished as the man asked a serious question, and the sub-leader reached for Pascal, pulling the six week old pup into his arms. For once, the pup squirmed out of his grasp and wandered back to the tree root he had been playing with. "Yes, we've had some problems. They've.. stopped, more or less, so it's just up to us to keep our eyes open. I don't know what had happened exactly, but I was informed that Ayita, Skoll's mother and the King's mate, was injured." He paused, wondering if he had actually formally announced his title. He didn't know if Jimson had put two and two together. Oh well. This was not the time to begin enforcing formality. "She's gone. She succumbed to her injuries and we don't know what it was."

Silvano leaned against the trunk of the tree, keeping his eyes shifting from the large dog's form to his sons. "Thank you for your efforts, and so new to us. I truly thank you. Vigilante and I can't be everywhere, and since her death, I feel like a lot of the burden is on my shoulders to make up for his time of mourning."

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread