[M] [MaMa] I could Charm you
As the nausea passed, Deuce licked her lips. A strange taste, not at all unpleasant was on her lips. No, it wasn't the whiskey, it wasn't any wine or alcohol. It was a familiar sweetness half remembered. The taste was forgotten as the words rang out, a slap in the face and a challenge. Deuce's hackles stood on end. "You stupid child. Soran loved me. And if your coyote loved you as much as you think she does, we wouldn't be here like this. We wouldn't be..." she spat the word as though it were dirt in her mouth, "mates. And another thing you whiny little brat, I'm not like your brother was. I don't have to drug anyone, I don't have to force anyone." (Well there was that one time, with Jasper, but that was different, and she wasn't going to even think about that.)

No heart? No soul? The words were a slap, and the woman stood, her hands balled into fists. "How dare you? You don't know a fucking thing about me! You don't have any clue how deeply I loved Soran, she saved my life when I had no will to live! She convinced me to keep the spawn from a rapist, and she loved me when I thought that your brother had damaged me forever. I loved her."

She was trembling with rage, her hands balled so tightly that her claws bit into the tender flesh of her palm. Her voice was a venomous hiss as she spoke again. "You could search a thousand lifetimes and never find a woman who loves as deeply as Soran and I loved eachother."

And yet, there was that niggling doubt. If Soran had in fact loved her so much.....

Why did she leave?

Messages In This Thread