[m] [MaMa] spilled milk tears
PP is fine. Big Grin And this shit craaaay.[html]
[/html]The woman he had met so long ago had certainly been frightened and desperate, fighting against him in what meager ways she could, such as offering herself in place of her family. She had subjected herself to his whims, and their contact had, perhaps, slowly begun to taint her. She had changed more during their time together than she even had when she journeyed alone, spurred on by the need to defend those she loved. The core of her personality hadn’t changed, then; she had been vain but she had been kind. Now, there was little left that resembled self-care (as displayed by the smudge of crimson on her ivory cheek), and there was little left that resembled kindness.

Haku grasped her wrist, but she did not let her cerulean eyes flicker down to the point of contact like she wanted. His touch was electrifying, sweet in the way that a dying wolf’s last taste of meat is sweet; she could feel the blood in the back of her throat.

Shiloh relented as he began to wonder aloud, pulling her closer to him, close enough that she could smell breath rank with death. She opened her mouth to retort as coolly as before, but suddenly stabbing pain shot up her arm as his dark talons twisted into her flesh; rivulets of blood made patterns like the veins they spilled from, dripping down from her elbow onto the cold earth. A gasping cry left her, a soft noise, but with effort she shaped it into a hollow sort of laugh.

“Oh, I’m brave,” the Dawnbringer told him, her voice falling into a growl. “But I don’t think I’m safe.” No, that was insanity, but harboring the feelings she did for such a monster was insanity as well, blue eyes or no. She guessed that there was a reason the feuding families should never breed; she who carried both the Dawnrunner and Stormbringer names, the mutt of the litter, was a product of war and death and a tryst between two wolves who should be enemies. Shiloh wondered just how afraid her father had been when he was captured by his foes.

And then, like her father must have, she leaned forward and inhaled what she knew could be her last breath, and aimed to steal a kiss.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread