Burn the memories
[html]

(405) I’m hoping it’s his arm that he’s carving into, right?

She continued to hold him close to her as he explained why he was upset. She understood immediately. Even though her mother wasn’t dead, she was still gone. What really ate at Rio was that she didn’t know where she had gone. Naniko was just gone. Rio rested her head on the man’s shoulder and pet his arm with her hand. ”Sounds like you guys really needed me. I should’ve thought to join earlier – maybe I could’ve helped her.” She knew that the Court had no significant healers available due to Silvano keeping her up to date. She probably couldn’t have saved the Catori woman, but she could have helped take away her discomfort in the last few of her dying days.

Rio continued to console Liam, hushing him when he tried to switch the subject onto Rio. ”Forget about me. What we need to focus on is you - are you sure you’re alright?” He didn’t look it, and she didn’t want to blatantly tell him he looked like shit because she was pretty sure he felt that way. ”We can talk about it if you need to. You can cry on my shoulder if you have to – I’m here for you.” Not that she thought he would take up her offer just that quickly, but she wanted to make him feel comfortable with her and she wanted to let him know that she was there for him because she wanted to be.

She kept her head resting on his shoulder, and took his bloody arm in her hands gently. The blood ran down the side of it and leaked into her own palm. The deep color of his blood darkened her white fingers, but she didn’t mind. ”That’s a painful tattoo.” She knew of a few who had tattoos and never knew that the process was this painful. She would never be able to get one – she would need a serious reason to sacrifice all of that pain.

Then she picked her head up from his shoulder, but still kept her body snuggled up to him. ”No worries. I just got totally settled a few days ago. I wasn’t about looking for anyone either.” She kept to herself the first few weeks of being back at the Court. She was hoping that being around would help bring the memories back, but it didn’t. She still didn’t remember anything important and she really wanted to see Vigilante.

<style>
.lilskull-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.lilskull i {color:# 7b616b; font-style:italic;}
.lilskull b {color:#5f5473; font-weight:bold;}
.lilskull {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4b3152; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/15wf141.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#7b616b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread