Sinful Past
A fiery red coyote showed up soon, weapons on his frame. Pride turned her gaze to him calmly, looking him over. He seemed like he was a strong warrior, though his threats had little effect on her. Living in Anathema tended to result in that state of mind. She listened to the rough tone of his voice, his greeting only slightly more friendly than the kind that might be expected from patrollers at home. Struck by the similarity she smiled a little, tail wagging behind her. My name is Pride Tormenta.

It wasn't her real name, but she hated that one with a passion, and much preferred being called Pride, as Mama had affectionately nicknamed her. Saying her real name was a fast way to get a biting response from her. I come from Anathema. I had realized that I did not know much about our neighbors, and remembered that I had relatives here. I was hoping to speak with one. It was honest, but still usable. Perhaps she would get the information she needed. The next pack Pride visited she'd make sure to bring a kill with her.

Messages In This Thread