Wolf At The Door
Einarr did not have long to wait before his howl elicited a response. The pack member that appeared was clearly of dog descent with an interesting colouring; snow white fur giving way to tan brown all the way down his back, and limbs that looked as though they had been dipped in mud, earthy brown as they were. Einarr noted that the new comer was almost on a par in height with Einarr’s own Optime form . His longest look however was reserved for the weapons the other possessed, he couldn’t help it, they were obviously the greatest threat and his tactician’s mind demanded an assessment. I will not be a warrior in these lands he told himself again and covered his look with a bow as the other introduced himself, flowing into a submissive gesture as his mind thought of other things. Mido’s rank meant little to him, unfamiliar as he was with this pack’s structure, but any member would be of greater status than himself.

The moose had been a difficult decision, it proved what he might bring to the pack, but had it overplayed his hand? Had it given away too much? Should Einarr have arrived in his lupine form to better hide his physique? Was the pack member before him a hunter or a warrior? Perhaps Einarr was overthinking, but looking at situations from a hundred angles had been what had kept him alive this long.

”Greetings Mido, I am Einarr and have travelled to these lands seeking a home and pack.”

His tone was deep and rich, the voice of an orator, but the manner in which he spoke was that of a practical wolf, used to relaying what needed to be said without embellishment. His tone also lacked any queues that might hint at his thoughts or feelings.

”I seek acceptance into the Anathema pack.”

He gestured with his bloodied muzzle to the moose.

”I have brought this, to feed those in the pack who wish to eat it. It is a gift for the audience I have been given and is not a condition of my acceptance. Should you wish it, it is yours.”

With his intentions made clear, Einarr watched the dog before him for his response, favourable or otherwise.

Messages In This Thread