Wolf At The Door
Einarr re-adjusted his weight, moving to enable him to better keep both members in his field of view. The black wolf was almost a clichéd archetype of a cocky adolescent, a trope he had seen far more times than he’d have liked. This Malakai was also such a stark contrast to Mido, who seemed a great deal more welcoming, far more relaxed. Perhaps the Rakeeb’s rank rankled the other? The grizzled grey wolf was surprised at how lenient Mido was with such dis-respect, he had seen other members disembowel their subordinates for far less, but Einarr was the stranger here, and had no right to comment, so he kept his peace and his face a mask. The black wolf’s final statement seemed to be a divergence from that archetype he had, only moments before, seemed to fit so neatly into. The implicit offer of protection and hope of his joining. After a moment he spoke again, the tone and voice remained the same.

”Angela is a term unfamiliar to me, is that the Alpha of your pack? You wish me to pledge my allegiance to the leader rather than the pack? If a member challenges Angela should I protect her against such a challenge?”

The questions might have seemed trivial, but in Einarr’s mind leaders changed, the pack remained strong because of it. He realised now how traditional of a pack structure he had grown up within, there had been only wolves and the rules had seemed simpler.

”What is the Rite of Agares?”

He continued, wanting to make sure he understood what was expected of him completely before pledging his loyalty.

Messages In This Thread