Wolf At The Door
The tactician in Einarr had rebelled at the sight of the naked blade, but the grizzled grey wolf had got himself under control quickly, inwardly annoyed at himself for having reacted so obviously, but it was done now.

The rite was quick and one that Einarr could understand, blood bond. The life force of this pack now, in a very real sense, ran through him. The blade had been so sharp that it took a tensing of his leg to get the blood to flow from the wound, another scar to add to the myriad. The firm grip of his Rakeeb was both comforting and welcome, he just hoped that the rules of a pack would not chaff at one who’d spent so long outside looking in.

He followed the Mido into the common room, the scent of the different members turning into a giant miasma that hung about the place, not unpleasant, just a little startling.

”Thank you…Rakeeb” the word was unfamiliar and sounded odd ”Much of my time has been spent sleeping where I lie, which is more than adequate for now. I will explore the tunnels myself thank you.”

He wanted to get a feel for the terrain, he did his best not to place his cut paw on the floor, not because it hurt, but again the tactician in him knew that leaving droplets of blood upon the floor would be an easy path for anyone wishing to follow.

”Thank you for your acceptance and your hospitality.”

Messages In This Thread