[MaMa] I'll be your sunshine in the rain
[html]
Word Count :: 612>.< So sorry for the wait. Hello last minute posting!

Gelar's movement reminded Baird of his mate's three falcons, he flicked his verdant eyes around the den, not finding the grey and white plumaged falcons. He figured that they must have stayed out to hunt. They would return when they felt like it, the dingo knew they could look after themselves, the triplets more adapted to the cold than his kookaburra. He gave the kookaburra a little tap on the beak and then snaked his arm around her again, adjusting his body as she settled into his chest. He felt a shoulder dig in to his ribs and an elbow clunk against his knee, but he didn't care, she was close to him and that was all that mattered. She returned his kiss and he felt a grin spread across his muzzle, warmth radiating from his lips and travelling all over his body.

The comfortable weight of her head on his shoulder was reassuring, an anchor that tied him to the here and now. He rested his muzzle alongside hers, feeling her voice reverberate through his cheekbones and his chest. He hummed in contentment, his emerald eyes slipping closed until her flick to his nose startled him. He yelped involuntarily, eyes shooting open in shock. He wiggled his nose to try an clear it of the buzzing sensation that the flick caused, once that was sorted he sent a cheeky smile her way, "I'm sure I would have been able to handle it..." He paused for a brief moment, eyes flicking to hers, "If I had my trusty blanket cocoon!" He knew it wasn't all that funny, but it was the best he could do when she was pressed so close to him. He tightened the blankets and furs around them again.

She may not have voiced the 'with you' at the end of her sentence, but he caught the words, her voice saying them in his mind. He placed an affectionate lick on her muzzle, burying his face into her mane momentarily, his words muffled by the long red hair. "I'm glad you're back here, with me, too. I worry ya know." His last words weren't a question, just a simple statement of fact. Her sailing trips, often taking her off for days, were great in the warmer weather, because if he wasn't with her he was occupying himself with hunting or gathering. But in the dead of winter, when the snow lay thick on the ground and his thin, golden fur failed to keep him warm he could do nothing more than sit and wait, longing for her return. Now that he had her he didn't want to let go.

It seemed he had failed in his distraction techniques, his emerald eyes not quite shocking enough for her to forget the vacant look they had attempted to conceal. He let a warm, reassuring smile touch on his lips, pressing his tough black nose leather against her softer nose. His voice rumbled out of his barely open maw, the Aussie accent that afflicted his tongue making the words lilting and exotic, "I'm bonzer. Just thanking fate I chose to stay here rather than carry on my Walkabout." He sighed happily, pressing his lips to hers again, his voice dropping to a whisper. "I could take the coldest of winters here, but only if I have you keep me warm." When he was younger he would have scoffed and mocked any male that said something so 'cheesy' to a female, but now that he had something that he truly appreciated he understood the meaning behind the words. It was all true, as long as he had his Neela he could handle the bitterest of winters.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread