[MaMa] My Soul Beckons For You
[html]

:C apologies again...

With a deliciously leaping heart, the man stepped forth, only to be met by every sign of alarm the woman before him could conjure. As if colliding with a crushing wave of cold water, the man immediately stopped in his tracks, his smile frozen and still on his face. His pupils responded to hers; dilate until sunsets of red and purple were almost lost in black. She spoke much before he did, and he realized that he was holding his breath.

She confused him with her words, and the cool composed mask of nothing slowly crept back on a face that mere moments earlier had bloomed with thrilled life. He looked at her four-legged form, and realization was slowly unfolding within his brain. Never had he considered the fact that there were others that did not possess the ability to shift between forms by mere will. He knew every wolf was born into life in their basic form, and was later able to change. But it had not always been that way. Was there such a thing as a non-shifter anymore?

Visually hostility melted away for her, thankfully, but he was left with a fresh crack in the heart that he had discovered only after Aiyana had entered his life. But as she moved, he didn’t feel quite as cold, and the moment she nuzzled into him, he carefully wrapped his arms around her lupus form. She said she was glad to see him, but it didn’t seem that way. But at least she allowed him to touch her. He crouched down, bringing his height closer to her level to ease up things. ”I’m sorry,” he breathed, wondering if he should have realized her inability to shift. Her scent didn’t scream of this fact – but there had always been something slightly off that he had never paid attention to. Now he knew what it meant. He just hadn’t realized.

Pale fingers brushed through the beautiful softness of her fur, desperate to soothe her and repair the harm he had done by not thinking things through. ”I didn’t realize…” The reaction he had been met with. It was just too telling. ”Do you despise me, Aiyana?” The thought of that made his stomach want to twist. Such feeling within a man that always had been dead inside. It was unbearable.

<style>
.bri-ilurface2-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... aldic2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:156px; height:239px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.bri-ilurface2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.bri-ilurface2 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.bri-ilurface2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.bri-ilurface2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bri-ilurface2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread