[M] [MaMa] sink of blood and crushed veneer
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Something was wrong—and now that she was paying attention, he didn't have to narrow those lovely blue eyes for her to notice it. It was in the slight contours of his face, something uneasy lie there, perhaps unsettling. Had the meeting with his "old friend" gone awry, or was it something else? Concern laced her features, even as he spoke. Some sort of truth had upset him; of course, it didn't register to Sonje what he was hinting at. He stepped back, and reflexively she reached for him, wanting to lay her hand on his gray chest, just beneath his settled charms, but somehow she felt (for the first time) that her touch would not be welcome. So she hesitated and then dropped it back to her side, worry spreading across her face like wildfire.

She glanced down at his hands, read his increasingly tense body language, and now it was her turn to take a step back, slicking her own ears back from sheer confusion. She shook her head, not understanding his question. Teme, I don't... what do you mean? she asked, her voice accented with a sort of apprehensive defensiveness that was beginning to roil fitfully inside her chest. Why are you asking me that? I'm with you because I love you... Though it was completely honest (now) she was afraid this answer wasn't good enough for him. She didn't know what else to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread