To trade with strangers
[html]
OMG! So sorry for the wait sweetness! If I let this thread slide feel free to actually send me a virtual kick in the butt over PM. >.< / 412

All of the muscles in his body tensed as the two figures moved into sight, the canines mounted on horses and one more horse pulling a cart. His ears swivelled forward quickly, his eyes straining to identify the riders. He had met a trader before, a yellow dog named Amy, and she had a devious air about her. Like steel under silk, the Sunders woman emanated danger and threat while smiling beatifically and offering 'good deals'. He was loathe to meet her again, he knew that his packmate and good friend, Colibri, had traded with her for many plants that now grew in the packs gardens, but he had not been there to warn his friend of the concealed danger. He felt a quiet growl begin to rumble in his throat, his cerulean eyes turning icy. Grace's handpaw moved to his right wrist, her fingers wrapping around the joint and pulling his arm back a little. Her voice made him snap his head around momentarily, "Niernan. As much as I want to see you in action, I don't think a pair of trader women deserve to be sliced and diced by you and your skains." His eyes went to his paws, surprised to find his tan fingers wrapped around his tapering bladed daggers.

He hurriedly sheathed the blades and shoved them back into his pockets, a flush of blood heating his face. Grace nuzzled him lightly, Leo's bright green eyes wide as he looked up at the black and tan wolf from his owners arms. Ciaran unleashed a loud yowl at Niernan's footpaws, his tail flicking as he looked up. The quoll pups had taken his usual place around Nier's neck, so he opted for the next best thing. Nier understood him perfectly and he scooped the cat up, draping him around Grace's neck instead. The large cat immediately started purring and rubbed his face against the D'Angelo womans cheek. Nier shot his cat and his lover a smile and took a step forward, raising his own handpaw in greeting.

He fixed his eyes on the figures approaching, noticing the contrasting pelt colours of the traders and as they got closer the shockingly different eye colours. He called out a greeting, Hello there! Fine day, isn't it? He winced slightly as he realised that he resorted to referring to the weather rather than finding anything funny or more substantial to say. He shrugged, resolving to talk about something much better when they got closer.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread