I'm not calling you a liar...
[html]
Word Count :: 000 He's gunna get his butt kicked >.<

Sidra dismissed his concerns, but his brows remained furrowed empathetically. The scars seemed to have healed up only recently, and he quicky pieced it together. Whatever had happened to her it must have occurred no more than a day or two after they'd met. That only made him feel worse, and he caught the pain in her eyes as it rose to the surface. "I'm so sorry...If you ever need to talk about it..." His voice trailed off, hazel eyes faling to the ground. What was he doing? This woman stole from him and he was trying to what...? Comfort her? She didn't want his sympathy, from her stand point she'd already gotten what she wanted from him, regardless, he couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

Her manner changed quickly, the look in her eyes swiftly becoming cold, before widening in astonishment. The wolfdog's tail twitched, confused, the furrow in his brow deepening. That was until she spoke. His own eyes grew wide. "Oh, no I wasn't saying...I didn't mean...I was..." Cream hued digits darted to rake themselves through his mane, flexing the muscles in his abdomen. "...talking about the pendant...I was saying that you must have liked it...to steal it...Not...about...about that." The Callow man was truly flustered now, an unbearable searing heat flooding his face and neck. He was avoiding her gaze entirely and nodded in whole-hearted agreement that they not talk about what had happened. "Believe me, I'm trying to forget..." Hastily he added, "not that it was entirely bad...or...I mean..." He sighed and stopped himself before he could say anything truly embarrassing.

His ears were slicked back and his voice was quieter when he spoke next, the sigh serving to calm his nerves, relax some of the tension. "How about we just pretend that it...that never happened?" Somehow he knew that he'd never truly be able to forget that night. It had all been too recent. Even now he was hard-pressed to forget the feel of her, the sensation of her lips on his, what it was like when he held her, the sulty look in her amethyst eyes. The same eyes that glared at him now with an aggressive intensity.

He had to remind himself of his objection- the pendant that she no doubt had hidden somewhere. He knew little of it's origin, other than it had belonged to his mother, Rowan Callow. The brother's, Eirick and Thomas had told him of her end, how she'd passed away just hours after he'd come into the world, but it wasn't the birthing process that had killed her. She'd already been dying of a broken heart. Aedan, Alister's father was as handsome as he was charming, with a platinum pelt, regal flowing mane, and eyes colored a clear crystalline blue. Bold and charismatic, his speeches could stir the hardest of hearts, inspiring the loyalty of his soldiers. His aptitude for tactical strategy and the art of battle ensured him success and he'd quickly risen through the ranks. It was only fate that the gentle Callow become ensnared by his many charms. After her death Eirick and Thomas passed on the pendant to her only surviving son, Alister, and he'd had it ever since. It was a piece of who he was, a reminder. And now that, too, was gone.

His ears twitched at the sound of her growl but he stood his ground. "No." He said firmly. "Not until you give back what you stole." A tremor ran down his spine at her aggressive behavior, eyes catching the tension in her body. He returned her stare. There was determination in those multi-colored orbs, and his jaw set firmly. Alister's posture remained somehow non-threatening, he would not harm her, but neither would he step aside, though the hairs on the back of his neck were beginning to rise. Suddenly he was beginning to lament the absence of his shield.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:9px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread