I'm not calling you a liar...
[html]
Word Count:: 000 Aro can totally call him out on this, he's not exactly doing a very good job. He's being very obvious.

Sidra stepped forward, glaring in challenge at Alister, but he had little interest anymore in what she had to say. He did nothing but glance at her for a brief moment, before shifting his attention back to Aro. Hazel eyes narrowed as he watched her trying to pull him away. Uh-oh, oh what she didn't have it? It really didn't look that way. To think he'd almost begun to believe her like a bleeding idiot.

The larger man was confused for a while, but soon enough his words registered and he began to calm down. He asked Sidra where the pendant that she'd been wearing had gotten to. Wait. She'd been wearing it? His eyes widened. So she did have it? I knew it! He declared, "I knew you were lying!" Alister tried to keep his voice controlled, he didn't want to cause insult to injury, not with the man's hand still rested on his sword hilt. Alister didn't want to draw on a pack mate. He was frustrated however, the tension revealing itself in the firm set of his jaw and sharp frown. He glared at the woman, but kept his distance. She was probably wearing it right now. He was relieved when the man's hand left his blade, and he turned to Sidra, ordering her to take off her cloak. His gaze returned to her, intensifying as he was eager to see for himself.

She didn't right away, so his attention remained fixed on her blue-eyed lover. Was he really her lover? Alister noted the mohawk, the earring, his nakedness. Huh, maybe he wasn't so tall after all? He'd always considered himself to be, but this man towered over the both of them. Like a father scolding his children, but he couldn't really say, all he had of his father was a name and a legacy, neither of which were the bastard's to claim. The hair style was new to him, though his mane was a little different than most, not short enough to stick up, but shorter than most, the front puffing up just a little bit. Were women into that sort of thing? Sidra certainly seemed enamored, the look she had when he approached would be enough to make anyone sick to their stomach's. But Alister, he was a little jealous. Not that he really knew her, but no one had ever cared for him like that.

He was torn from his reverie and looked up in acknowledgement at the black and white male's questioning. What he said caused his stomach to twist into knots once again, and both he and Sidra's eyes darted to one another, both widened in shock and panic. Immediately his hand raced to muss his mane, a tell-tale sign, but hopefully Aro didn't know him well enough to recognize it. He was about to answer when Sidra threw off her cloak and there it was. He glimpsed the familiar steel sun that rested just above her chest, and his heart leapt to see her untie it. When she dangled it in front of him he took it, suspicion glimmering in his hazel eyes, not yet trusting that she was truly going to hand it over. He didn't release the breath he held until he felt it in his hand. "Thank you." Alister said, relieved. But Aro's questions still hung heavy on the air, unanswered. Quickly he thought over what to say. He wasn't one to lie, but telling half-truths, he could do that.

Well, I uh...was napping in a house in Halifax. And, I don't how she got there, but I woke up and she was sleeping in one of the other rooms." He began to explain, looking over to Sidra all the while. Hastily she tried to leave, but he did the best he could to communicate with his gaze that he wasn't about to reveal what had happened. After all the black and white man had nearly drawn on him once before, he didn't want that to happen again. Only he was in danger. "I tried to leave, but I guess I made some noise, because she woke up. So we uh...talked for a little bit...It was evening so it was getting dark, and uh, have you ever been there? To Halifax? It's a big city, so I didn't want to leave her by herself. We fell asleep after a while, and when I woke up...It was gone. He'd been mussing his hair again even as he looked from Sidra to Aro. He exhaled after he finished, hoping that his half-truth hadn't been too obvious.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:11px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:9px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread