I'm not calling you a liar...
[html]
Word Count:: 000

Alister didn't react to the man's attempt to silence him as he was already finished speaking. The wolfdog was pleased enough to have uncovered the truth of the matter, especially when he'd been beginning to lose hope. The man's demeanor was unsettling, though, and guilt weighed heavily on the knight. He felt bad enough for what had happened, the reminder only serving to shame him further. The giant wolf was doing all he could to keep himself under control, Alister noted and conceded to be far more careful with how he spoke, or this could easily take a turn for the worse. But, he hadn't done anything wrong, right? Sidra hadn't said a word about this man, and they hadn't actually had sex --although they had been very close. He wasn't in his right mind then, Alister reminded himself, but that didn't make it much better.

The man knew more than Alister was aware of, asking Sidra if she'd been in heat at the time. His hazel eyes grew wide as he looked at her, was that defiance? Christ, Sidra, are you trying to get me killed here?! he wanted to stop her, stop her before all hell broke loose, but he stayed rooted to the spot, gaping at her. How did he get caught up in the middle of this? The man soon called him out, and he looked to Sidra, hoping that somehow she would save him, turn it around, but had little hope with her previous declaration. As soon as the word 'no' crossed her lips he knew he was doomed. He kept an eye on the man's hand, ears pricked towards Sidra as she continued to explain. Huh, so she wasn't comfortable lying to her lover, but Alister was another story. Lovely.

His gaze turned from one to the other, watching the man's reaction as the truth finally won out. His only consolation was that she'd said 'we' rather than pinning it all on him, which he had to admit, he was kind of expecting. Her words stung him. Harmless fun, huh? Sure, she could say that, but he wasn't a man to throw himself at every woman he came in contact with. From the way she was behaving he gathered that her lover couldn't quite say the same. His brows furrowed as he watched the pair curiously. He wouldn't ask, however. Their business, was just that, theirs. But wait, had she been using him, not only for his pendant, but as revenge? Had she been trying to get back at the man with him? His curiousity soon morphed into indignation, and he struggled to hide it. "Right, nothing too untoward, I assure you." Alister said swallowing his anger and instead worked to calm the man down. Sidra's gaze did nothing but feed the anger burning inside him. He didn't like being dragged into this nonsense in the first place. His hazel narrowed discreetly at her before his visage relaxed and turned once again to the black and white pelted male. "She never mentioned you...I didn't know. If she had, I swear to you none of this would have ever happened." It was what little consolation he could offer, and he prayed that it would be enough. To prove his good will he kept his posture neutral as always. "On my honour as a knight, I swear." Perhaps it was a little over kill, but he was grasping at straws trying to keep the situation under control.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:11px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:9px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread