[MaMa] It Will Rain
Sebastian was unnaturally still, even his tail kept rigidly still. If he didn't, he would just end up lashing it- and possibly his other limbs- from the force of his agitation. It was not in his nature to attack his problems head-on. His problems were usually ignored, forgotten or sidestepped. He preferred to stab his problems in the back or shoot an arrow into their throats, not face them head-on and admit his mistake.

But he would now. For Alder.

The softly whispered words were like a knife in his chest, a deep pain. He had heard the expression "heartbroken" before. He had always assumed it was a fanciful description, one intended to add drama to a tale. No, it was real. It felt as though each beat of his heart pained. The lump in his throat caused genuine pain as he swallowed, his eyes shining with unspent tears that had not been shed for years.

You would choose me.

Sebastian's ears dropped flat against his head, his arms shifting position until he looked more like he was hugging himself, trying to hold himself together rather than having his arms defensively folded over his chest. He shifted his weight back, instinct telling him to run. Did Alder truly want him?

"I did not..." Sebastian swallowed around the lump in his throat, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. "Did not think you wanted m-me. Oth-others... only wanted my body. That was the one thing you didn't seem to w-want." Alder had wanted everything else- his conversation, his laughter, his mind, his fears, his goals, his talents, his friendship. No-one else had wanted that. Only Alder.

Messages In This Thread