What have you done?
[html]

WC:529+ - OOC I don't mind at all! Points - 5

Malakai hated horses. The were irritating beasts who never seemed to do as they were told and who had the size and power to do him some serious injury if they really wanted to. This one, however, seemed to follow orders. It moved in the general direction of Anathema as Kai instructed as he tried to stem the bleeding of the stab wound to his shoulder. The blade seemed to have dug fairly deep into him and Kai had to keep pressure on his shoulder to slow the flow of blood.

As he approached the pack border with a growl, the horse not exactly keeping the ride smooth, he saw a figure ahead as if waiting for his arrival. Great. Just what he needed. An impending lecture from Axelle. His eyes cast down to the female who hadn't shown many signs of life since he had hauled her onto the horse and began riding. Perhaps she was already dead. The thought didn't bother him too much. Seeing Axelle's expression told him her mood, and she was not happy with him or what he had brought with him.

As Axelle pulled the slave girl from the horse, Kai watched as her body simply slumped to the ground. His paw was still pressed against his shoulder, tight against the wound, and it occured to him as he slid off the horse in a rather ungraceful manner that she hadn't even noticed his injury. At least, she acted as if she hadn't. For all she knew, the stab would could have severed arteries, he could be minutes from passing out himself. But her main concern was for this girl. If things had been the other way around and Axelle had arrived from an unknown battle, no matter what she had done, if she had returned injured, she would be his first concern.

As the horse was slapped and galloped away, Kai wondered why she had not kept the beast for herself, or for the pack's use. With a wince and a growl, Kai stood and lifted his hand from his shoulder to inspect the wound but rather than recieve any concern or sympathy from his mate, instead he only recieved instructions to carry the stricken girl to her den, despite the fact that he was injured, too. He kept silent for the moment on the matter, snorting briefly in answer before doing as he was told, bending to scoop the girl up. His shoulder stung as he did so, but he followed behind Axelle, heading towards the caverns.

It was only when they reached the safety and privacy of Axelle's den that Kai spoke, dumping the girl down on the ground with little care for how she was or how soft a landing she got. "Oh, I'm fine, by the way. Thanks for the concern." Kai snorted a little, his words tinged with sarcasm, referring to how unconcerned she seemed for his wellbeing. Blood matted his fur, but of course, it wasn't all his. "You should be pleased I'm not out there doing this to members of other packs... She's just some slave girl, whose time I paid for, fair and square."

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread