What have you done?
[html]

WC:764+ - OOC Points - 7

He was no longer the aggressive, violent male that he had been only moments before. Now, when he returned, he contemplated what exactly had happened between him and his mate that drove them to butt heads in such a way, why they couldn't see eye to eye on things. He was fairly surprised that she was still in her den, half expecting her to take the opportunity of him being gone to simply take off with the slave girl. As he entered the den, his eyes found Axelle quickly, but he remained silent, as if not wanting to risk setting her off again. The pair of them had had a moment to go through things, to calm their passions. The black male watched Axelle as she turned to approach him, gearing himself for more of her wrath, gearing himself up to give more of his back to her, but instead, she began tending to his shoulder wound as she had done to the slave girl. His body tensed and he snorted heavily as the liquid burned against his shoulder but it was a minor pain he could overcome. His focus was on Axelle the entire time and he noticed how she seemed to lean into him a little as she stood close to him, even laying her head against his chest. It was the most physical contact the pair had shared since Kai had returned from his trip to get Abella, and Kai seemed to freeze a little, as if scared that putting his arm around her as he so desperately wanted to do would set her off again, would force her to pull away. And so he simply stood there with her, wanting more of the same but making do with what he was given.

His eyes followed her but they had lost their dangerous burn. Now, they only watched her with concern and loyalty. Her words echoed in his mind time and time again, and he coudn't help but smirk just a little as she mentioned not to follow her. She knew him too well. As he pressed on his shoulder as she had shown him, Kai's grin faded quickly. Could he really let her go out there alone to meet with a presumably incredibly pissed off Tyko? If he had his way, he would be right there with her, protecting her. She had told him time and time again that she needed no protection, but to Kai, that was his job. To protect his mate. Now she had told him not to follow her. The thought of simply pacing around on Anathema lands while she headed off to meet and kill her father sent shivers down his spine. What if something happened? Kai wouldn't be there, he would arrive too late...

But it sounded like this had to be done on her terms, which meant that he had to stay away. It was clear it was not a compromise Kai was to happy with but ultimately, one he would have to live with. For her. "Alright. I'll stay on Anathema land. But I will be right at the border, waiting, listening. If anything goes wrong, if anything happens, you call me, okay? Anything. And I'll be there in a heartbeat. I'm not thrilled about the thought of you going out there by yourself, but
fine."
He would run to her faster than he had ever run before, until his lungs burst with the effort if he had to. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if she was hurt.

Moving over to her slowly, he hesitated a little, as if worried that touching her would reignite the previous fight between them, but she was his mate, and she was about to head off on her own to meet and slay the father she had hated for so long. He had a right to be worried about her. "Axelle, please just make sure you come back safely." His hand reached out, letting his palm stroke firmly against her abdomen and over her stomach, the other dropping from his shoulder to slowly slide halfway around her lower back, as if moving in for half a hug. "All of you." His voice had dropped in volume now, and his entire body language held no aggression or dominance, all that was in him now was concern and fear, for her life and for their pups. His eyes found hers, begging with her to do as he asked and to return home in one piece. "I love you... Please stay safe out there... I can't lose you."

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread