Whisper of the Wind
[html]
out of character
Let's have this one be the last one.

Helios was all too willing to enter the home and take the liberty of scoping out a comfortable spot, even before he had set his wood down. Placing the considerable amount in a rather haphazard pile next to Hadley's he flopped onto the floor. Instantly, he was comfortable. The floor was not the most unreasonable place he had ever slept. In fact, he could already feel his eyes becoming heavy from the warmth the room and he hadn't even been there for more than a moment. Stifling a yawn, he tucked his hands behind his head and lay stretched out on the floor very close to the hearth. An almost cat like purr hummed from his lips, "These are nice digs." He commented amiable, yawning once again.

He appreciated the hybrid's kindness, neither of them knew each other but Hadley had willingly allowed Helios into his home and provided him a floor to sleep on. A smile drew onto his muzzle and he closed his eyes briefly to enjoy the warmth and to reflect on his own luck. Someday he would have a nice house and would a daughter that would love him just as Amatha loved Hadley. He would be in a pack, warm, contented and most of all rooted in one place. When those days came he wouldn't have to wander around and wonder when his next meal was going to come or if he was going to have to sleep in the rain. A sigh emanated from his lips. "Y'know, Hadley, you're a good guy." Closing his eyes he smiled, "I'm glad we met each other on the beach. I'm especially glad I don't have to spend my night in that storm, but mostly glad I met you."

Chuckling without opening his eyes, he rolled over onto his side and fell quickly asleep. In the morning he would be gone, but until then he would enjoy the warmth and security of a roof.

<style type="text/css">
.heliraz .space {width:200px; height:300px; float:left;}
.heliraz b {color:#866f71; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.heliraz p {text-indent:0px; padding:7px 20px; margin:0px;}
.heliraz {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#160000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aeT8y.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:105px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread