Refuse to Run
[html]

Tempers rose to the point were Kohaku were sure things were about to get violent. It always happened and he had suffered through a lot thanks to Amy's brutality. The small ringlet on his shoulder was a reminder of just how dangerous the golden dog's anger could be. Emerald eyes slipped to the side as he watched Adara took Lucias and shrank into the shadows. With violence threatening, both canines could become increadibly dangerous. Kohaku was no longer an innocent and wide eyed pup, he could cause some damage himself; although he would never hurt Amy, not on purpose.

Amy's angry bark was drowned by the pup's struggle to control himself. He could feel his body quake and a great heat drew deep inside of him. It took everything Kohaku had just to keep his current form and when it was over, left him feeling drained. Amy's strike across his face took what little energy was left and drained any urge to fight from the pup. Kohaku to shrink back a bit, placing one hand over his injured and bleeding cheek. His ears flattened against his head and his tail hung low. Hurt, he stared into the eyes his surrogate mother. "I understand. I'll take care of your precious pup. After all, I'm no better than a slave. Some worthless mutt that you keep around for laughs."

Upset and angry, Kohaku strode off. His long legs taking him towards the other side of the wagon in what seemed like an impossible speed. There he saw Adara holding the month-old pup. A venomous glare was shot at the pup, but Adara must have thought it was meant for her because she flinched. Striding over to her, the young wolf grabbed Lucias and held her up. Her bright blue eyes stared happily at him and her tiny little tail wagged furiously. The little pup's pink tongue flicked in and out of her mouth as she tried to lick Kohaku. Frowning, he tucked her closer to him so that she wouldn't fall. "It's your fault." Oblivious, Lucias began to bite his large hand, her tiny paws pushing against him as she played. Despite the deep set frown and clear hurt in his eyes, Kohaku held Lucias as if she would spontaneously shatter. Without looking at Amy, Kohaku spoke again, "You promised not to abandon me." Rather than a challenge, there was an invisible question in his voice, one that hung in the air and haunted the young wolf's nightmares.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohpup {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2Jwko.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9fa86c; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#545939; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #545939;}
.kohpup b {color:#3f5100; text-shadow:#545939 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohpup p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kohpup p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #3f5100; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohpup .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread