Making Provisions
[html]

WC:615+ - OOC Awww, Brother!

Malakai's dark grin broadened a little more as the other agreed to share what he knew about skinning and about keeping pelts, and again, he offered Itzal a light nod. Only the Angela and Angelo had ever recieved this kind of response from Kai - even Axelle hadn't seen this level of 'agreeableness'. It seemed to surprise him somewhat just how at ease he felt around this male. Friends weren't a huge part of Malakai's existence. Allies might be a better term - individuals who were not immediatly dismissed and who would remain a casual acquaintance in the chance that one day, their services or help may be required. But this one may be the first genuine friendship Kai had ever really formed.

"Well, thank you, I'd appreciate it." Again, 'Thank Yous' were not often heard from the black male but on this occassion, Kai meant it. He offered another small nod and a chuckle as Itzal mentioned that perhaps their hobbies were not that dissimilar. "Most of our pack members around here seem to shy away from death, from killing. But I get the feeling, as you do, that you and I are perhaps cut from the same cloth, as it were." Kai motioned down to the two large rabbits he had carried from his hunt. "If you would like, you may take one of the rabbits I caught, if it will save you a trip. Those clouds look like they move closer to us every minute." This was practically unheard of - Kai had offered another male something, of his own free will, without expecting anything in return. Of course, the rabbit wouldn't fend off much hunger, but it could be kept a day or so, if Itzal wanted it and would perhaps at least see him through the worst of the storm to come. If he declined the offer, Malakai would take it back for Axelle, as planned. "My mate and I already have enough supplies to see us through the next few days."

Kai bowed his head and nudged a little at the dead animals on the ground, offering one to the other black male. Sharing had never been Malakai's strongest point - quite the opposite. He was far too selfish to ever let any others have anything of his, not unless he would recieve some sort of reward or compensation, but now, as he offered the rabbit, something within him swelled, something that felt almost like pride. "Take it if you want, Brother." He didn't think about his words until they were spoken. Brother? The word hadn't felt foreign or alien to him as he had spoken it, and he supposed that in a way, Itzal was a brother - members of Anathema were all bound by blood, by the Ritual upon joining. Was this what it felt like to belong to a pack? It was the first time since joining Anathema that he had really involved himself with another member, besides Axelle of course. It felt good. His kind were meant to live this way, to help each other, to survive alongside others in a pack. Kai's feral yellow eyes watched this other silently for now as he thought all of this and something deep down inside of him knew that this was his pack loyalty kicking in, that his fellow pack members were his family, his blood. The thought seemed to calm him somewhat. Yes, Itzal was his Brother. Strange, he thought, that he should feel such a close bond, a connection, with another black male in such a short space of time. He had known him for no longer than a few minutes and yet he felt like family.

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread