Flirting With Death
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Words of gratitude were unnecessary, but were taken with a delicate smile none the less. A hint of guilt touched her lips, however, caused by the pain knowingly invoked upon the youth in order to clean her wounds. The Nomad was not found of causing pain, even a necessary one. It reminded her all too familiarly of a time when such acts were not marked as unpleasant by other Nomads…but the rite of a name as a mandatory skill to be learned and mastered for the sake of the collective.

But such thoughts needn’t be brought up now. Her mind was better set on the sweet female before her, still brave in face with relief in her eyes. The Issor was impressed with her lacking show of pain, and was again taken back to her own family and their practices. Had their paths crossed with her still with the collective, she would have no doubt been taken for assessment and training. Her drenched tail wagged delightedly at the thought churning the grime and muck around them til it dissipated to naught. Perhaps the Ancestors had guided the young one to this moment; a gift for the Shepard without a student.

But it would seem the prospective student was not aware of her affinity toward creativity. Mayhap it was not exercised well enough to be noticeable by her, but the Nomad had a firm belief that all had some semblance of artistic prowess…even if it was not understood by all. Giggling softly at Lyris’s reply, she pushed herself through the water and leaned in to again catch a snowy ear between delicate teeth. “Well now…” her nose slid the length of the ear to bury her muzzle playfully within the soft base. “…you may not see yourself as such, but I am confident there is creativity within you waiting for the opportunity to show itself.” Gently she nudged Lyris toward sturdier ground so she too could part from the lake. A cascade of clear water fell from clumps of fur making for an odd sight of a top dry, bottom drenched female giggling madly as though all was right with her world. And as far as she was concerned, oh, it very well was! “Come with me young Lyris!” she exclaimed with eager steps forward, fighting back fatigue with what energy she could muster. “Let us wrap your wounds so you can heal. And as you rest I shall unearth that creativity within you.”

412 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread