[aw] Evil on the wind
[html]

Word Count → 369 :: this post is possibly terrible because I need sleep and my brain is melting and aslsdfas

Ataxia's primary concern was making sure her rattlesnake, Nagual was safe. The young hybrid bundled her scaled pet in furs and placed him inside a wooden dresser, along with a stone that had been heated in the fire, to keep out the cold. She weighed down the bottom drawer with several stones, trinkets and the few possessions she had, so it would not be tipped over should the worst happen and the wind and rain reach the inside of her tower.

The two windows in her home were sealed with stones, with twigs and mud covering the cracks. There were still two holes in her home that she could not fill: the entrance, which was covered by a heavy pelt that was nonetheless starting to flutter in the wind, and the stairway to the second floor of the tower. The stairway was a problem because the second floor had no roof and very little in the way of walls. Rain could seep in through there and flood the rest of the house. Ataxia sent out a slave - Gjalda - to fetch some wood which could be used to cover the doorway to the second floor; he would probably end up doing most of the construction, which left her time to deal with the last weakness in her tower.

She could not completely block her entryway, for she might need to get in and out during the storm, but perhaps she'd be able to stop the pelt from moving by weighing it down with something. Ataxia's first thought was using stones, like she'd done with the dresser. However, she had picked through the largest ones near her home already, and would need to go farther to find some of suitable size.

The dark hybrid had collected just one while searching the ruins, when she heard a voice calling out over the wind. She squinted at the figures. One hand pushed a lock of hair out of her eyes, while the other arm cradled the stone she'd found. "Yes," she answered immediately, grateful for any help she would get. "If you see any stones or anything heavy... I need something to keep the pelt on my archway from blowing away."

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread