Memories of the Sun
[html]

it was fine Sammiie, though he had already technically gotten up and gone to the door. hehe.

Strel could move himself about plenty well for the moment, though it was all a matter of his ego. He enjoyed the attention, and it made him feel like people had not forgotten kindness. He was all smiles for the dark woman who had rushed to help him. He was walking straight but he let him carry most of his weight while letting Rio take some of it. It was nice to have a support in case he stumbled, which he was much more likely to do lately he had noticed. "Thank you, dear," he smiled warmly at her, patting her on the shoulder as he dodged under the door frame. The rooms were tall enough to accommodate his height but the door frames sometimes bumped his head, and he strove to avoid it.

Terra was amused by his coldness, and seemed to take pride in his words. That made him purse his lips tighter together as they reached the stairs, which they descended. He had hardly expected her to laugh. Perhaps he ought to try harder. "I'm surprised the new Constable hasn't put you in your place. I suppose it's a matter of time," he said offhanded, knowing that if the girl messed with the wrong allies, it would go poorly for her. He might or might not be around to see it, but he could feel it was entirely possible. After all, the girl let her traditions and habits bleed into her interaction with a whole different kind of group of people.

His demeanor shifted again, with almost inexhaustible ease. "And yes, Rio, I am the one who fell over you. You're still fine, I hope?" he said, turning to the dark woman as they slowly descended down the stairs. One hand was on the railing, and the other against the woman's supportive shoulder. He realized that he had left his book of sketches upstairs and paused, looking behind him. "Terra, would you mind being useful and fetching me my sketchbook from that chair?" he said, almost challenging the younger woman.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread