how at last i'd find in you the missing part of me
[html]
[/html] Unatsi couldn’t help but twitch an even broader smile when he saw his mate’s caramel-splashed face. Part of her beauty was her patterned fur, the light and dark blue-greys broken up with tan and white; it was something that you would never see on a wolf. He was caught up in it for a moment even as he entered their home, and he didn’t quite realize she was asking him a question until the words were floating out in the air, waiting to be answered. Sheepish, he lowered his big ears and shrugged his white shoulder.

“Good, and when I say good I mean long, actually, and a lot of work. But I guess it was interesting enough, and there weren’t uh, injuries or anything.” He reined in his tongue before it could waggle any more, still a little self-conscious about blabbering so much in front of the canine that was his mate; a deep part of him was worried that she would be annoyed even after these past couple of seasons she’d spent with him. What she probably thought was endearing could quickly turn annoying, after all, and he didn’t want that to happen.

The red wolf shoved these worries out of his mind before they could take over, and he stepped toward her, reaching out with his arms and gesturing for her to step closer so that he could embrace her. “What about you, May?” he asked quietly, trying not to yawn as his hand went to stroke her mane.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread