how at last i'd find in you the missing part of me
The Cherokee in this post simply means "sorry." x3[html]
[/html]Luckily, the fainting spell was short-lived. Unatsi half-opened his eyes as his mate shook him by the shoulders, and fully came to when he was laying down on the floor of the hut. He groaned lightly, rubbing at where he’d bruised when he collapsed from unconsciousness, and then reached out to place his hand on the dog’s knee reassuringly.

“Uyo ayelvdi,” the AniWayan apologized for passing out, though his hand trembled lightly as it rested on her leg. He pushed himself up with his white arm and managed to prop himself on his elbow; from this position he looked over his mate’s narrow-muzzled, caramel-splotched face with a mixture of affection and unease.

“How long have you known?” he asked timidly. “And—” He could find no tactful way to put this, so he sat up fully and buried his face in his hands tiredly. “Oh, by the Great Spirit… What are we going to do, May? I mean, I mean, we’ll have puppies and—you’ll be a great mother, you’re so gentle and they’ll adore you but—” He flattened his big ears and looked down at the floor.

“What if I mess up? I mean, I’m not father material, really, I’ve never really taken care of pups and they’ll probably think I’m strange, or anyway they won’t want such a coward as their father, they’ll want some big strong warrior-type who can tell them stories and not some rambling, rangy farmer!”
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread