Preparing for the worst
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The shepherd/wolf wasn't used to all the attention he was receiving from the smaller male, and his responses were awkward at best. He quirked a brow as the man pronounced his name rather curiously, emphasizing his foreign accent. But then again, perhaps Alister sounded a bit foreign himself, though in reality he'd never been to England, most of his pack were former Englishmen, and their way of speech was what he grew to think of as the norm, and he spoke just as if he were from across the sea as well. He was also never without his pants, more clothing than most Luperci here seemed to be accustomed to. "Er...thanks. You, uh...too, I think." He was skeptical as to whether he should return the sentiment at all, he didn't want the red pelted fellow to get any ideas. But he was anything but rude, sarcastic, yes...Cynical, yes, but often compassionate, sometimes too much so for his own good. He even now couldn't bring himself to hate Sidra, thieving little minx she was. Or Aro, he couldn't say he blamed the man for being angry. Although the incident was entirely not his fault. Ugh, why was he even thinking about this? His muzzle set in a frown he continued his work, a russet hued ear twitching to Sebastian's accented voice.

A stirring around his hindquarters caught him entirely off-guard and just as he was about to drive a nail into the board he missed his target and instead the hammer's blunted head smashed into his thumb. "Oh, Blast it! he exclaimed in surprise, shaking the wounded hand. He hissed as the digit throbbed, turning to see Sebastian bent unassumingly over the pile of boards. His eyes narrowed in the slightest, but he didn't say a word, it was embarrassing enough as it was, he didn't want to draw attention to it.

"Hmm..."He stated shortly just so the man didn't think he was ignoring him, though his voice was a bit darker, still nursing his crushed thumb. No bones were broken, but the pain was annoying enough. He'd had worse, though, and with a glance up at the sky resumed his work, a little more careful this time around. When Sebastian indicated Hadley, he gave a bit of a nod. "We're acquainted. I know Isa as well, and Amatha. They sort of convinced me to join Casa." He gave the carpenter an appreciative grin. "I'm a solider, a knight, by trade...Not quite so useful outside of a pack." The Callow man said with a crooked grin. The man had been training since he was barely able to shift. And it showed. It wasn't exactly what you could call an easy life, especially not for a half-breed amongst dog-hating wolves. He was fortunate enough that Rowan had found Eirick instead of someone else. His fate may have been much darker.

With the three men hard at work the task quickly picked up pace, each of them moving swiftly on to the next window as soon as the previous was finished. The pile was beginning to dwindle, but the windows on their side of the courthouse were all boarded up. He strode over to the brown carpenter. "Any idea where we could find more wood? I've still not quite got a handle on this place yet so I only grabbed what I could find."

<style>
.alistersteps .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.alistersteps p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.alistersteps b {color:#4c5e5b; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.alistersteps {background-color:#dff1d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8P7Ke.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#597150; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.alistersteps .inner {margin:0px 5px 200px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.alistersteps p.wordcount {color:#4c5e5b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread