Ten Gallon Headache {AW}
[html]OOC:// Sorry for the wait, was out of town and had a rough night, heh. ^_^; Kenna's a little out of it.

BIC://

Dust continued to make as much noise as he could, his concern for Kenna was immense. He could sense something was wrong, she didn't just decide to go to sleep in the middle of the floor like this. He knew that. If she was going to sleep in the stables, it would have been with him in his stall in the hay. He tugged and tugged at his rope, desperate to be at her side, but the more he pulled the tighter the knot became. Kenna only used that specific knot when he was in trouble or she didn't want him to run off. Eyes wild with urgent panic, Dust at last spied an upright, white figure hurrying towards him. Stomping the ground, tossing his head in Kenna's direction where she lay unconscious a few feet from him, Dust beckoned the unfamiliar male over so that he'd help.

"Easy, there, fellow. I'm just coming to help. Just relax." The soothing tone the stranger used only frustrated the stallion more and he gave a loud, neigh in response, bobbing his head towards Kenna as if saying 'Not me you idiot! Help her!' The white male then moved over and crouched next to Kenna. Dust calmed down just enough to stand at the very end of his rope, ears pricked alertly and legs stiff, standing as close as he could to his rider to watch the stranger, ready to intervene if he dared hurt her. He gave a soft worried whine-like nicker and snorted, not liking when the white stranger moved her even further from him, his big brown eyes never leaving Kenna's face even as he watched the white wolf move to prop her against some hay and retrieved some supplies from a cabinet and wet a rag to wipe her face with.

A firm patting on her face and something wet and cool upon her brow caused the collie-wolf girl to stir. "Miss, wake up..." With a soft groan, her blue eyes slowly fluttered open. She was greeted with blinding whiteness and winced, turning her head away and giving a soft growl. "Wha...what happened...?" She asked thickly through the fog and pounding in her head a little disoriented. Her paw lifted then to the bump on her head as she tried to sit up, blinking her vision into focus. The white she came to realize was the fur of another optime wolf. Likely a pack mate. Instantly what must have happened hit her. "Damn..." She looked up at the unknown male and pulled her ears back in embarrassment realizing he had apparently set her up against the hay. She only knew his face in passing, his name however she couldn't quite place. She'd not done a whole lot of socializing since her arrival to the pack and now she was paying for it. As her paw brushed over the injury she gasped softly with the sudden pain. She'd really hit her head harder than she'd thought. Dropping her gaze she cleared her throat to speak. "I passed out didn't I?" She asked the obvious question, her southern accent clear, feeling really stupid for not going to have the bump looked at quicker, as soon as it had happened. She glanced over at Dust who gave a soft neigh, glad to see his partner okay. He flicked his tail, still intently watching what went on. She turned back and smiled weakly at her "rescuer". She was at a loss of what to say to him so she said the only thing that made since. "Thanks for uh...helping me." She said awkwardly before pausing a moment then starting to rise to her paws. But as she did another wave of dizziness struck her and she swayed back into the hay again. She cursed under her breath, supposing she'd best just lay there and regain her senses. She didn't realize the male was a healer. Closing her eyes and sighing she tried to make small talk to cover up her embarrassment. "My apologies sir...but...I don't recall your name... I...I'm Kenna, Kenna Foxleigh." She started lamely, not daring to open her eyes.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread