Ten Gallon Headache {AW}
OOC: No worries! <3

IC: Kenna hated showing weakness in front of anyone. She was stubborn when it came to injuries and often would not admit she was in pain or would try to be stronger than she really was and bully through a recovery process. As Taliesin had her sit back against the hay again the woman sighed, relenting without complaint. At least, she didn't object out loud. Her head still throbbed just enough to bother her so she supposed it was better she not be stupid and listen to the white male. Hearing about Dust's reaction to her collapse, Kenna also looked towards the stallion and smiled softly. 'Good boy...' She thought before looking back up at the wolf before her. She noticed his bi-colored eyes then and found herself admiring them as he smiled and introduced himself. She felt a slight bit of heat creep into her cheeks beneath her fur and her ear twitched a little embarrassed as he revealed his position in the pack. It was lucky for her that she happened to be a healer...but Overseer of the pack's council? ...Damn, she probably looked like a completely helpless fool to him. She hadn't realized he was of such a high rank. Realizing she was staring at him a little too long she quickly and respectfully dropped her gaze and cleared her throat. "Nice to meet you Taliesin..."

She didn't miss how he had put more emphasis on his title as a healer, and she found that fact admirable, but she still couldn't unhear the fact that he was practically as important in the pack as Skye herself was. She felt stupid for not trying to get to know her pack mates better. She was literally kicking herself mentally for her sudden awkward streak. She was too used to living alone. She really needed to get back into the habit of socializing. Her current demeanor was nothing like her normal self. "Now sit still while I look you over. Feeling any nausea? Any pain...besides the pain of the bump?" Taliesin's voice brought her out of her head and back to the matter at hand. She scrunched her nose a bit, mentally going down a checklist of her body and finding she did not really feel too bad other than the goose egg on her skull. "Nope, I think I'm alright for the most part... Just a little dizzy though maybe. My head's just throbbin' like crazy is all." She replied, glad for the conversational distraction from her internal struggle. With her pack mate's paw upon the injury, the throbbing wasn't as intense, but as soon as he lifted it away to check for blood, it returned full force caused her to suddenly groan a little and shut her eyes. She wasn't bleeding except for under the skin and fur. A nasty bruise was already forming. "Ah...now I'm feeling a little queasy..." She admitted softly. Focusing on the pounding of her head made her stomach turn. Accompanied by the spinning dizziness that seemed to come and go in small waves, her stomach was starting to protest. A concussion seemed very likely at this point.

Messages In This Thread