and then it falls.
Okay, I PP'd a bit, feel free to have Anatole pull Claudius out in your next post! And sorry for the wait (WC: 237)
[html]
[/html] Slowly, he could feel the wind grow stronger at his back. He could only assume that this was because Anatole was moving rocks away in an attempt to free him in his den. These lands were decidedly very rocky; but also sandy and full of dirt and grit, too, given the proximity of his den to the river. He could feel dirt slowly trickling from above him onto his back, making it itch fiercely. It was not a sensation of which Claudius was very fond.

Claudius hadn't realized that he was zoning in and out, not of consciousness but simply awareness, because Anatole's sudden curse surprised him enough to make him jerk in response. He whimpered quietly as it jarred his wrist and shoulder again, though, the pressure on his right shoulder was less now that Anatole had removed some of the rocks and pushed back some of the dirt.

When Anatole spoke, Claudius grunted in reply. Realizing it wasn't much of an answer, he vocalized his thoughts: "duh-do i-it. If yuh-you duh-don't... I'll buh-be... buried... alive," he replied, trying not to let the panic creep into his voice.

Don't panic, he told himself even as Anatole moved more and more rocks. Don't panic, he said even as he felt the wind and rain at his back. Don't panic, he thought as he felt Anatole's body heat, Anatole's body heat, his cousin's hands pushing more debris aside. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread