Batten down the hatches
[html]

At least things could have been worst. While their situation was not suitable, Alyssum kept up her calm and unfazed appearance, if only for the sake of the pack. She knew that they were scared, some where more obvious than others, and the lunar queen would not allow herself to appear defeated by this storm--as long as she kept her morals up, maybe things would not go even more south.

But, when not in the presence of the others, which were rare and far in between with her running about and making sure everyone was okay, her mask crumbled and the tension overcame her like water. Hair that was tied back would frizz out, giving her a wild appearance, and she would always have to re-groom herself before going back to her pack mates. This time, she held a bundle of blankets that had once been a huge pile, having been distributed to those who accepted her offer, and was approaching a secluded room that was left alone for a rest.

The woman brushed a hand over her mane to remove it from her eyes, and softly rapped on the down with pale knuckles. "Neela, it's me." She had not seen the female ever since she gave birth, and if this had been any other situation, she would have been more happy. But, she subdued, quiet and calm, again putting on the facade. Alyssum knew that Neela had been hostile lately, and for a good reason, and she was prepared to turn around at the slightest hint of anger, not wanting to stress her anymore than what she already went through. "I brought you some blankets--they're pretty warm, and I'd thought to give them to you."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread