Batten down the hatches
[html]

The woman was careful not to get too close to mother or children except only to pass over the blanket, but she could not help but want to get a closer look at the newborns. It was perhaps a natural, instinctual curiosity that was presented in females in general and in an alphess wanting to check out her newest additions, but whatever the case, she withheld her prying and merely sat cross legged and settled with looking at the blanket that now covered them that would move slightly when she had spoke about them.

Alyssum was not well prepared for Neela's sudden sharp and pointed hostility, and did nothing but press her ears against her head as the woman lashed out her words. Sea foam eyes stared gently yet with strength into yellow ones, and calmly stated with an edge of sadness, "Tony told me about Cara. I was upset to hear such news, and I still am." To lose a child... it was unimaginable. "And I am sorry that I cannot do anything about the weather. If I could, I certainly would. Until then, preserve." Storms never lasted forever. All they needed to do was survive the next few days, and try to cope with whatever the hurricane did not destroy.

Surprsingly, the Luna did not feel threatened by the snarling woman, and she watched as she visually calmed down. Her eye brows furrowed a little, and murmured softly, "There is nothing to be sorry for. It must be difficult to be in your position in this situation, and I do truly regret with you all having to go through this." Her hands, that were resting on her knees, squeezed with a little force. "No family should go through this, period. Especially children. I mean... it's just!" She suddenly cut herself off, and sighed. "Sorry... I didn't mean to get that... emotional." She had nothing to blame but the weather, she supposed, and the tension that surrounded her pack. She didn't really consider the cause to be something on this inside rather than the out.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread