After The Storm
The appearance of the crow at the whistle surprised the grizzled grey male, he had only known one other to have such a touch with animals…Einarr had never been in a pack led by a coyote before, but his alpha seemed kind without being soft. The black bird emphasised the colour of his Alpha’s copper pelt, and the tactician was unable to stop himself from thinking how beautifully striking she was. Giving himself a mental shake, he bowed at the offer of hospitality.

”I am grateful my Alpha, but I have not slept in a den for two years, I often sleep only a few hours a night, so my presence would only serve to disturb others, and I have no possessions, my weapons were lost and I carried nothing else.”

He thought for a moment, his tactician’s mind working on the problem of the devastation.

”I have a number of kills scattered around, I can place them into a storage cavern should you wish it? And perhaps, with some help, we could devise a drainage system for the caverns, it might ease the danger of flooding or drain faster after such a storm? I am more than willing to lend my aid where it is needed. I am a capable hunter, and I could certainly put those skills to use.”

He stopped, and then almost to himself he spoke again.

”This is my familynow after all.”

Messages In This Thread