bruises to prove it
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/9vVfx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

So he was new then. His question of the storm was met with only a quick prick of her eyebrows. She had made the assumption that he was at least new to the area, passing through as a traveler like her; there would have been little reason to carry a pouch if he could have easily stored it at home.
"Ah, I take it you are recently arrived then - don't worry, I can 'ardly 'assle you about it as a newcomer myself. You should count yourself lucky you missed it though, it was a rather violent thing, come off of the sea."

One of the hybrid's heavy paws batted at a piece of wood; the rotten and waterlogged thing splintered with a crack of protest, and with a muffled thud was cast away by her unsheathed claws. Pale eyes followed its path into the darkness of the thicket, waiting to see if she had by chance disturbed in small prey, some overconfident birds or any manner of cowering beast that its trajectory might have unsettled. Nothing moved, the two were clearly alone.

Shoulders rolled in a gentle shrug as she turned back to face him, continuing on as if she had made no move at all. "The rotted earth only serves to muffle the steps, but the fallen wood, I could do without." She had quickly realized that a rugged forest was not the place for her bulkiest form, and though she had not traveled far, she could only imagine the state the rest of the coastal area was in.

Her lids lowered slyly as he continued to speak. "Is that really so unbelievable?" The secui purred in response, her head sliding forward into inquisitive tilt, and lips peeling into a narrow smile to flash tapering stiletto fangs. She was not one to overlook the advantages of his physique, though she increasingly doubted he was the sort to throw the weight around. It never hurt to keep confidence in check, and she did not want to risk him growing too confident in her presence, thinking that she was nothing but a lady lost in the woods.

ooc(hover)

[/html]

Messages In This Thread