He's a killer & he's a keeper
[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

The room looked secure enough, or so Shylome decided as the table blocked out the sound of the wind and the rain. Much better. Perhaps the two-legged form had uses.

It was only then that she became aware of the "off-wolf" (for she hadn't really yet familiarized herself with the concept of a coyote) near her, speaking to her.

Now there was something in the back of her head that bothered her about this individual. Something familiar in the faintest way. It can't be the two-legs thing, the hyena thought. The other one being on two-legs does not bother me. It couldn't be her general softspoken mannerisms either, which only seemed out of place for a female if her culture were unfairly compared to Shylome's.

The stranger tilted her head to the side quietly at the questions at first. Then she sat back on her haunches, almost as though she were trying to get a bit closer to the height the black wolf had been while standing. It was an awkward gesture. She was rather top-heavy for a quadruped, though when she lifted her front paws from the ground and straightened her spine as much as she could, she was only about a foot and a half lower off the ground than Tyko had been before taking his seat.

She balanced on her rear for only a second before allowing her weight to fall back against the ground she so preferred. They were not the only wolves she had seen walking around like that, but how could they bear to maintain an upright posture for so long? Every time the hyena was reminded, the idea seemed stranger than before.

So she sat upon the floor, looking into the lighter-colored female's eyes and wondering at their strange color. "My name is Shylome. I'm from across your sea."

She looked back and forth from the seated male with his knife, then back to the woman, then again at the male. They were two of the opposite gender, alone and in a private place with fresh food in the corner. The male had let her in, yes, but wolves were strangely polite and helpful. The knife screamed "protectiveness" and perhaps a wish against intrusion. Her voice became less assertive and more apologetic "I did not interrupt anything, did I?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread