He's a killer & he's a keeper
[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

"Oh, tainted," the hyena began, her tone somewhat distant, her eyes wandering off to a far wall. "Well, that explains much, I appreciate it, motjie. As for my lineage..." her chest swelled with pride. "I am a hyena, a member of the right and proper creatures of this Earth. In my home there are many of us."

Her gaze returned to her new friend. "Not to say that wolves are not right and proper on this half of the Earth, Ms. Abella. We simply do not have them where I come from. We have big, yellow guys with long hair who would be far taller than your friend in the chair if they could stand bird-legged like he can. They can pull in their claws to keep them sharp and when they pull them out, they can slice your face and eyes from your skull before you can even feel it. Very big cuiters. We also have these fellows who are like very large, colorful mice and they come in such tremendous numbers and make such loud squeaky noises, but they have faces like you and me and eat up all of the food. I much prefer wolves. The closest thing we have to wolves there are jackals. Their females are missing their pisos like you all are and their males are moffie like yours. It must be hard for you to get along in life all opened up to the world like that."

She scratched behind her ear with a hind foot and a careful casualness. "But the jackals... they all like to walk around on two legs like your kind and I dislike them because they killed my entire clan and caused me to be here. You must forgive me if I do not favor the thought of that posture. Wolves are friendly, though." She smiled. "I will not hold them accountable for what the jackals did."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread