He's a killer & he's a keeper
[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

The request for elaboration left Shylome quite thoughtful. She wasn't quite sure how to speak of her homeland when it contained everything she considered normal, in strong contrast to this place that held everything opposite.

"Well," she began, her eyes going up to the ceiling. "I can imagine it if I think hard enough. The land there is golden. The most beautiful shade of gold your eyes can meet, motjie. The trees are tall and black and only have green at the tops and not in a little triangle like your trees here. The sky is bluer, the clouds are fluffier. It is a blessed place. There are tremendous herds of prey. Sometimes you cannot even see the ground because of them all. Some of them are small and very fast like I've seen here. They call them deer here, I think, but they call them gazelles back home. Very similar. Like your mooses are to our water buffalos. Both very tough creatures. Many of them are different at home, though. We have these things that are like your deer, but it is very tall. Their heads are perhaps 2 of these houses off the ground. Like, if you put a building on top of this building..." she shifted her paws, holding one over the other to demonstrate the concept. "...his head would be on the roof. They have very long necks that make them like this. I don't care for their taste. We also have cats there that run faster than anything, like..." this comparison proved harder to make. "...if you have ever seen a bird fly very low over the ground to chase a mouse or something, this cat could run fast enough to catch up with the bird as though it were walking. Twice as fast. Like yellow lightning bolts. Even the rabbits here only go about half as fast as one. Their legs are very skinny and their heads are very small. They look cute and they're easy to scare away from their food. Like fast little kittens." She laughed suddenly. "And then there was us. We lived in clans much like your packs. There were always things trying to take away what we caught and there was always some kind of danger around, but as long as we had each other, we could stand up to anything..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread