Not Lost
She could somewhat see him shake his head to her question and she waited for him to continue. He spoke of his family and how they spoke with spirits. It reminded her rather painfully of AniWaya. "In my old pack down south, AniWaya, we had things called spirit guides, an animal spirit that guided us. I had one, a blue jay named Dichali." She figured that the spirit guide would likely not approve of her choices with Liam and Anathema. But he had left her when she left AniWaya to be with her mate.

He interrupted her thoughts by asking a few questions about Albus. "Not yet. He's still a bit young for that. Right now I'm getting him used to me and not wanting to fly away and never return. But eventually he'll help me scout." She grinned at her owl companion. "As for how I talk to him, I've learned low speech for horses and birds." She gave the bird a scratch, causing him to make a chittering noise that was his happy sound. Her smile was gentle. She watched her companion and said, "I could help you learn some low speech if you would like?" She gave him an inquiring grin.

Messages In This Thread