Maximum Optime Height
If you follow the guidelines set out on the RPG here ( http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/werewolves/size/ ) there are charts for Gray Wolves, Coyote's, and Jackals.

For wolves you are right that the table suggests just over 6" foot for an AVERAGE sized wolf, however as you've noticed many members characters do not follow these guidelines and we in fact have the odd 8 footer hanging around (my character included). For many of these characters the height was decided on before there was a RP Guide to make reference to so many of us simply did what you did and looked at other profiles to judge.

I believe the SA is working on controlling the size of incoming characters and characters that are unrealistically large. It is important to note that very tall wolves (over 7"5 roughly in Optmine) will struggle a lot with arthritis and bone issues as they get older and are much slower than the average size wolf. Characters should not be extremely large without a reason ( Jazper for example was born into a pack were only the largest wolves fought for the right to breed and after many generations of selective breeding his size was more plausible), however as I mentioned, the SA is working on bringing down the average in game height so I would follow the table.

If you are looking for a rough in game size estimate I would go taller than 7"8 for a VERY tall luperci (though I'd wait for a member of the SA to verify things more truly for you). If your character is more of a simply tall wolf but not overly tall I'd aim for around 7"0 - 7"3.

Messages In This Thread