hiding under the covers
[html]
473 words. Niernan and Ciaran out. Sorry for dumping Grace and all that on ya. Have fun. XD

Nier's eyes widened as Coli appeared, basket hanging from her maw and her eyes hardened by need and anger. He had never seen her this way before and when she snapped out her irritated words he was even more shocked. He saw that Grace was about to snap at the petite wolf, her own frustration at being dragged to shelter manifesting in an acidic irritability. He increased the pressure on her handpaw and gave her arm a discrete tug, subtly telling her to keep her mouth shut. She shot him an evil glare that promised he would be punished later. He could deal with that, as long as Grace didn't verbally assault the new mothers, or new members, or anyone really. He hoped she would get through this hurricane without being attacked or thrown out of the pack.

The door suddenly opened and his grey cousin was revealed, ushering them in with his warm voice. The warmth that gushed out of the house was extremely tempting and Niernan wanted dearly to cuddle up with his mate in the glowing heat of the house and keep her safe from harm, but he knew he had to go and help with the stables. He waited and allowed Colibri to enter first, her burden the heaviest after her harrowing birth. He then waited for the new members to enter the house, following the large white wolf as he stepped over the threshold. Nier's attention deviated from his packmates as he filed into the house, eyes searching for a quiet corner to install Grace and the menagerie, somewhere they would be out of the way. He dropped Grace's handpaw and moved over to Saul, taking his cousin's shoulder and talking quietly to him, I feel awful dumping Grace on you, she's not too happy about being here and I'm scared she'll snap at everyone and anyone right about now. You got a quiet corner you can stash her? He winked at his cousin and let a cheeky smile dance at his lips, but then felt the immensity of the situation dawn on him. Actually, it's probably best that ya get her sorted fairly immediately, just tell her I'm an idiot and all that. Should calm her down a little. Oh, and I'd keep her away from Coli and Lilin. With that sorted he patted Saul on the shoulder reassuringly, swooped in to kiss his mate and waved at the sliver of Lilin that he could see through the doorway.

He didn't want to go back out into the cold and the wet, but he wrenched the door open again and ducked out into the rain, swiftly pulling the wooden portal shut behind him. He set off at a sprint towards the stable, hoping that he hadn't missed out on the work, knowing the physical labour would warm him up.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread