Breakfast
The grizzled grey male watched Axelle settle herself. It was stupid perhaps, but he still found it difficult to believe that he was finally, once more in a pack. Now full he looked at his kill and remained silent for a long moment. He had found a semblance of a peace here, indulging in the mundane, allowing the everyday tasks absorb him. In truth he was not sure how to answer her question, but finally, he realised he could not put it off any longer.

”In truth, I’m not sure, my memories leading up to my arrival are hazy. I remember being woken by a wave splashing across my face. I had washed up on a beach somewhere south of Anathema. The few possessions I had were gone, weapons gone and food as well. I can remember all of my life, but there is a blank, and then there is the memory of the beach. So perhaps some spirit guided me to souls.”

His voice remained steady, his tone, as always, merely conveying the practical with words that spoke a story. He huffed in indifference.

”However it happened, I found this land, and here I am.”

Again he fell silent, but this time it did not last long.

”I am no warrior, but even can hunter can tell you have fought, your movements speak of assessment and judgment. Where did you learn your skills?”

He would not be called a fighter; he would not fight anymore, not here, not in this new life.

Messages In This Thread