Close Quarters
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/C5Azh.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

The Callow man let his eyes wander the store room, still a little hesitant to allow them to settle on the dusky woman, who most likely wouldn't welcome the intrusion of his gaze anyway. She, however, kept her eyes trained on him. When he did finally look over again he found her amethyst orbs were soft with fear, but she did seem a little less angry. He remembered the hardness and pure hatred that burned within them the last time they met, and this was a welcome change. If looks could kill he would have died then and there. It disconcerted him that he'd been here for just a few months and already his very presence was detested for something that wasn't really his fault.

His attempts to console her failed miserably, and Alister's smile morphed into a disappointed frown. Her words were sharp and his ears lay flat against his skull. "You're right...of course. That was stupid of me. I just thought..." A sigh fell from his maw, and he allowed the silence to close in once again. His ears twitched and his head lifted as the rains thrashed against the walls of the courthouse. Alister took in a breath, steeling himself as he sought her gaze. This just wouldn't do anymore. Whatever happened between them was over and done with. He had his pendant back, and what happened before was no more than a mistake. Though that night was burned into his memory and thoughts of her still vexed him he didn't want to continue like this. This tension between them was suffocating.

Before he could speak she broke in wishing the storm away, and for once her eyes did not meet his, she looked away. The name she spoke was unfamiliar to him. "Soloman?" Genuinely curious he perked up, until she explained. He'd never seen her horse before. By the time he left the next morning she'd already been gone, the scent of her heat easily masking anything else.

After a pause he mustered up his courage again. "Look, Sidra..." Alister began, hazel eyes returning to rest on her amethyst ones. "can we just...start over? Just pretend all of that never happened?" The hybrid placed special emphasis on the word, 'that' unwilling to address the specifics, his gaze falling at the same time. Both of them knew what he was talking about, speaking of it would have only added insult to injury when all the tawny knight wanted to do was forget. When he looked at her again his eyes were hopeful. Whatever it was he wanted it to be done with. There was a reason he'd left his former pack, and it certainly wasn't to be treated just as poorly. He wanted a new start, a place to call home.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread