Close Quarters
[html]
http://i.imgur.com/C5Azh.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;">
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrqkvp.png); background-repeat:repeat; padding:15px">

Her ever constant displays of dominance were somewhat amusing to the
male. He had no qualms with it, he was content to submit so long as
they persisted, but the fact that she found them necessary was...curious.
The effect was somewhat neutralized, however, whenever the storm grew especially
violent. It seemed to unsettle her a great deal, but her demeanor kept his
advances at bay. Alister was careful not to incite her rage, or his own
for that matter, and kept his ears pressed to his skull. His tail lay limp
as the russet tipped thing wrapped around him. He was no longer shivering
and his fur was beginning to dry, but he was miserable, more for the
company now than anything else.

Immediately he felt bad for even inquring after the name, but was taken
aback when she smiled. It was brief, but it caused his ears to perk, and
he watched in amazement. "Oh." He breathed
as his ears fell. So quickly her smile dissolved, but he saw this as an opportunity to start a conversation. It would help pass the time, if nothing else. "The stable master in my old pack, he didn't like me much." Said the tawny knight in reply, a sheepish grin beginning to form as he remembered the stoic, grizzled man.
"He could speak to them, the horses-- in their own tongue, and I swear, every time I took a horse from him I'd see him whispering something in its ear... "
He continued despite the tension between the pair. "Those horses would wait until it was time to head back, and a couple miles from town would throw me, and run off, leaving me to walk all the way back. " He shook his head laughing lightly mostly at his on stupidity. "I couldn't shift, otherwise I'd have no way to carry my equipment." Looking back it was pretty ridiculous, more so that he was wary of the beasts even now, despite the absence of the man. He supposed he'd get over it one day. It's not like he feared them, but he wasn't keen on flying, especially when he would be landing on the cold, hard ground.

He was sure he sounded quite the fool, and he was blushing beneath his fur, embarrassed by the tale, but he would happily sacrifice his own dignity if it helped them get through this terribly awkward stage. He wasn't sure anymore what their relationship could be called. They weren't rivals, and he wouldn't go as far as to call them enemies...Well, she might, but he was utterly confused by their situation, and wanted so desperately to be on speaking terms at the very least. Otherwise, it was all strained silences and icy glares, and he couldn't say he enjoyed either.

He hadn't been expecting it all to go away, or maybe he had, well, he had been hoping, but it was a vain entirely unrealistic hope. Maybe he'd been dreaming all of that? It was never that easy, but he was trying. She could have acknowledged that, at the very least. "I never said it would be easy...but I'd like to try." Alister's hazel eyes spoke volumes on his sincerity. He wanted to put this behind him, behind them. It shocked him when she pinned the trouble in her relationship on him. His hazel eyes smoldered and his ears were thrust forward. "That's curious..." He drawled. "I don't seem to recall you ever mentioning him, and now...it's my fault?" His brows furrowed in mock contemplation. "Huh."

He suppressed the urge to roll his eyes when she spoke of Aro. What was that, a threat? He hadn't touched her, neither did he wish to do anything to harm her. It's not like he wanted to be here with her. "I was with him in the storm." The Callow knight's eyes passed over the scarred face of his shield. "It was ...monstrous. You think it sounds bad in here? Try being out there. We had to work together. Somehow we managed." The hybrid shrugged, dismissing her statement altogether.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread