fly it like a songbird
OOC: Naww, you don't fail at all! <3

IC:
With the crude tourniquet applied Everly leaned back to cast a critical eye over her handiwork. The blood wasn't flowing as freely anymore, a relieving and reassuring sign, although the Kunikoti tried to stop her features from reflecting too much of either feeling. Like the hurricane beyond the safe walls, Everly's task wasn't yet complete, but at least she wasn't fighting a one-woman battle. She nodded her understanding of Jacinto's explanation, a half smile of admiration touching her eyes. Clearly these new packmates were more than injuries or tasks to be wrapped up; they cared for eachother. Everly was more likely to be found dealing with the aftermath as she was now, than leaping directly into the fray.

“That's quite some poke,” the yellow eyed wolf remarked, a hand skimming her herbs again as the warrior settled back against the wall. The wound would need cleaning and bandaging soon, but Everly was loathe to interfere with it too much until she was certain the bleeding had come to a stop. The female answered Jacinto's question with a flatter tone than the one she'd been using. “There was no reason left to stay where I was. I found AniWaya and I felt peace. That was all I wanted.” A loud chuckle escaped the healer. “I think the weather had other ideas.” A hand reached forward to lift the edge of the moss from the cut. “Splinters will need to be removed, if there are any. It'll have to be cleaned up and you'll need a bandage.” Everly pushed a strand of coffee coloured hair from her forehead. “How long have you been here?”

Messages In This Thread