Omens
[html]

Thanks for jumping in guys! Smile And Ku, Darty is in lupus form Smile

At this point, there wasn't room in Dartmouth's muddled head for even a sliver of reason. The panic crept into his throat like an icy snake and threatened to choke away his ragged breaths completely. He barely heard the voice beside him as it tickled his inner ear, and the touch of an unfamiliar hand made Dart whirl around with a snarl on his dark lips. He immediately relaxed, however, when he realized that this canine was not hostile – he did not plan to wash him away with the storm as Mother Nature did. He had actually asked of Dart's well-being.

Dartmouth's jaw hung on a weak hinge, parted slightly as he attempted to form a sentence. It was then that a mottle-pelted she-yote approached them, and his jaw snapped shut with the shock of remembering. The blue eyes that glittered like fresh snow, the slender yet boyish build, the air of stubborn confidence she carried...could this be Vesper?

Her words tugged Dart back to reality and he inhaled deeply, regaining his composure. He straightened his posture enough to avoid looking any more pathetic than he probably already did, and then flicked his tail in mock confidence, mostly in attempt to convince himself into bravery. I've never seen such a storm, he finally said, and the feeblest of smirks crossed his lips. Then he added, I'm fine, but my den's not. And it was true; he couldn't help but wonder how high the water had climbed in his empty hovel by now.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.drtmth01 b {color:#dac5c3; letter-spacing:-.5px; text-shadow:#150c0d 1px 1px 2px;}
.drtmth01 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.drtmth01 b:after {content:close-quote;}
.drtmth01 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.drtmth01 .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #dac5c3; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.drtmth01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.drtmth01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#824b4f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nwcqH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #150c0d; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#150c0d; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread