Cover From the Storm
Pride smiled wryly, not caring that she looked foolish for her choice. She was fully aware of the mistake that she had made. It relaxed the female as well, so they were both on even grounds. Pride had even managed to make herself look humble with that action hopefully. She hoped to make a good impression on Vesper. Pride had failed at making a good one on her own kin, which left her worried about how one of the leaders would react. She had assumed that having kin in Inferni would make it easier for her to approach and deal with.

Shrugging she looked back into the torrential storm. I realized that I knew very little about the packs surrounding my home. I thought it'd be best if I got to know them for myself, so I could prove myself. I didn't want to rely on secondhand accounts. I thought Inferni would be easy to approach, but I was wrong. Pride didn't hide herself. She was wet, miserable, and Vesper had already seen her whimpering out in the storm like a scared pup. She didn't think it was worth the effort to lie, and it wouldn't gain her anything.

Messages In This Thread