Cover From the Storm
[html]

Pride stated that things changed, and Vesper had to agree. Pack dynamics were constantly shifting as a result of members leaving and leading or simply changing their opinions steadily as a group. It was what made the scouting tier one of constant work, keeping an eye on all the other packs of Nova Scotia as well as their own borders and lands close to home. As much as she loved to fight, anything more complicated than a one-on-one match wasn’t her forte as much as scouting was.

The near-albino coyote hunched slightly bringing up her earlier trip to Inferni. She explained that she had kin in the pack, and something sparked in Vesper’s eyes as she sniffed again, drawing in the scent of the other’s wet fur. Her brow furrowed slightly as she mentioned being chased off by her family—and if they were who Ves thought, she couldn’t quite imagine it. Then again, she did have high opinions of “her” little brood of young adults, and she guessed circumstances might have been strained.

“Are…” Vesper frowned. “Are Wraith and Lucilla and Nathaniel your siblings, then? You smell kind of like them—the family scent, maybe a bit more like the girls.” It was a bit strange to distinguish under the reek of rain and Anathema, but they were close enough relatives that Ves could tell. She shook her head. “That makes your mother—I forget her name, but I’ve met her once before, I think. Did they not like you because you were in Anathema?” Her brow furrowed as she tried to figure it out, and then she realized she was quickly dropping all the other topics in favor of this.

“You don’t have to answer,” the Centurion said good-naturedly, a bit abashed of her pointed interrogation. “If you want to be left in peace, that’s fine too.”

+309

<style>
.txtsmall p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px; margin:0px 60px 0px 110px;}
.txtsmall p.ooc {text-align:right;}
.txtsmall {margin:0px auto; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; line-height:13pt; letter-spacing:.2px; padding:160px 0px 73px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XSHLH.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Wu8u3.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread