Sticky situations
OOC: Yay, thanks! Big Grin And we certainly can, maybe Ev can land on her foot as she gets pulled out? Also I wasn't sure if Ev would actually be able to see Fire yet so I left it kinda vague xD

IC:
Everly's fruitless efforts to regain her liberty from the stubborn gloop holding her in place had resulted in a lot of mess. There were splashes of murky brown distributed over most of the creamy fur below her waist, as well as smaller streaks on her chest, neck and face. The combination of mud and her chocolatey points, the sticky texture against fur, were sure to offer an unimpressive sight to whoever might rescue her. The thick mud coating fur which was usually soft as a kitten's felt heavy, almost uncomfortable.

Being released from the mud was still the Kunikoti's primary concern, and she continued to try and break free with more subtle movements. A small twist here, a tentative tug there. Half of her wanted to conserve energy and strength, but the other half, perhaps tinted by panic, would rather make some movement, however useless, than simply stand and wait to be rescued.

The Optime woman only froze completely when her howl was answered by a voice which sounded muffled but wild. Everly couldn't remember the tone of her own howl but she hoped it hadn't been too pathetic. Relieved that someone had heard her cry, she tried to take stock of her surroundings. She didn't yet know the territory well enough to be familiar with landmarks or areas with specific names and in the rain and wind everything seemed dark and colourless, but if she listen carefully, if she pushed her ears nearly to their limits – there it was. The sound of water, different to the needle prick pattering of the rain. It was fuller, tumbling rather than driving down in individual drops. Everly lifted her muzzle again to respond, trying to keep her voice calm and comprehensible. ”I think I'm near the river rapids, between them and the village! Don't think I'm going anywhere just now.” Everly turned narrowed eyes down towards her trapped foot, considering trying to work her way free again, but if aid was on its way there was little point.

Everly's head jerked up as she heard.. what was that? A voice, maybe. Paws on the slick mud. She called out again, just in case her fur was so covered in mud that she was completely camouflaged. “I think this mud is getting quite attached to my foot. Problem with that is that I really like my foot as well.”

(403 words)

Messages In This Thread