Sticky situations
The blue-eyed wolf recovered quickly enough for Everly to shrug off the short change as some element of the storm spooking her. It was beginning to seem to Everly as if she'd been moored to the same spot for so long that she must have witnessed every aspect of the storm: every angle of biting rain which was beginning to make her shiver, every voice in the thunder. She could feel it most in her restricted leg, the calf muscle beginning to ache.

A dry chuckle forced its way between the medicine woman's gritted teeth as Fire lifted her paw to show the coating of mud. “Lovely stuff, isn't it?” she responded, half sympathy and half joke. “I'd say with both of us being new we should stick together but I'm not particularly fond of the idea of being stuck anywhere right now.” Her comment was punctuated with a somewhat pained grin. Everly's will to entertain others was as stubborn as the mud surrounding her.

Her ears lifted as much as they could with their extra burden of cold raindrops to take in Fire's suggestion. She almost winced at the effort which seemed to be needed for her fellow AniWayan to speak. If she ever succeeded in escaping the predicament she was currently in, she'd have to see if she could produce something soothing for her throat. “I think I can.” Carefully, Everly turned her body, testing the mud's hold again before extending an arm towards her packmate. “Um.. on the count of three or something?”

Messages In This Thread