sparta has fallen
[html]
Alright! If you want to reply, go for it, if not, we can end it here.

Maybe it was greed that had made her not want to share Ember, but she had always felt as though she had failed her daughter in some way. Perhaps it had been because Ember had never actually lived in Jaded Shadows with her, and that Storm had always been her home. Perhaps she had become bitter when she found out Phoenix had named his child after her daughter, but she had vowed to treat this Ember like any other wolf, regardless of namesake. She had felt as though she owed it to this Ember-- to tell her where she was from, where her life had begun, ended, and started again, but never had. Tayui knew she would regret it if she didn't, which was why she'd felt the need to tell Pilot. She now had a witness, hopefully one who would hold her to her words. She felt more free knowing that she was now obligated to speak to Ember.

Pilot did not say anything in response, and Tayui had not expected him to. She had only needed to tell him that piece of information so that he, too, might know the girl's story. So that he might know a bit more of Tayui's story, too. Was it greed? Perhaps. Perhaps she was being selfish, wanting others to know, or perhaps that was her selflessness at its best; she couldn't tell.

Tayui offered a wry smile in response to Pilot's words, and a soft shake of the head; mutual agreement. She would sincerely miss Pilot, for all he had done for her and all she had done for him. They had been equals, true equals, and it had been wonderful. In the future, perhaps they would be friends again.

No, they would continue to be friends, for they had never really stopped. Tayui's smile widened at this thought. "I will be sure to find you, then. If you can't find me, I'll be moving-- I need to see the rest of this area. I'll find you when the time comes, since you might not be able to find me. But that's alright-- it'll work out. I'll see you again, Pilot. It was a pleasure working with you," she said firmly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread